Sunday, September 30, 2012

New makeup purchase! *URBAN DECAY

OK, so if you know me at all, you know that I am a definite makeup junkie. It is a hobby of mine. I love buying and testing new products. I love reviewing them and reading reviews on beauty websites....I could really keep going, but I won't! The point is, I started this blog to talk about 2 things: Married life and Makeup. : )

There are a few different products I have bought recently that I want to review, and first is a purchase from the brand Urban Decay. I buy Urban Decay products from Sephora or Ulta, or on either of the websites of these two stores. (I prefer buying Sephora online instead of the store; they offer 3 free samples and free shipping on purchases over $50!) This particular product is a limited edition online only set. 

Urban Decay is a "high end" brand, basically meaning that it is excellent quality, and, well...you get what you pay for. It is more expensive, but the products I have tried have ALL been worth it. Urban Decay is probably most known for its FAMOUS NAKED PALETTE! This is a palette of matte and shimmer neutral shades. It is honestly an amazing makeup purchase. I have had mine for over a year and the shadows really do last for forever and ever! 

This particular post is about a very special Urban Decay purchase. It is a limited edition eyeliner set!  I would also like to mention something else about Urban Decay before I start the review: the new "Build Your Own Palette." Urban Decay recently re-formulated all of their eyeshadows, and they are outstanding. I compare them to MAC shadows in quality; they may even be creamier and more blendable  (in my opinion!). Urban Decay recently released this new (LARGE) line of shadows and a metal palette which allows you to snap the shadows in and out, to feature any of your favorite four shadows at once. I hope to review my palette soon!

OK....on to the pictures!
The Urban Decay "Ocho Loco" 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set
These eye liners are amazing. They are SUPER creamy and pigmented, and after owning just one, i decided to buy the set. It was an AMAZING deal ($59 for eight liners and a great sharpener, totaling a $152 value).  
The eight beautiful eye pencils and "Grind House" Sharpener
As you can see, it is a nice collection of neutrals and fun colors. "Perversion," the black color in the middle, is the BEST black eye pencil I have ever used. It is honestly the blackest and creamiest pencil I have ever found. It puts Smolder by MAC to shame. 



Swatches
HOW I USE THEM: I love to use these pencils as both eye liners AND as eye shadows! Especially for a smoky eye look, just pencil in the area you would like to shade, and then blend it out. But my FAVORITE way to use them is to use the dark black on my waterline and line under my eye with a color which complements my eye shadow look that day. I like to smudge it to make it look smoky. There are are so many colors to choose from, the looks you can do are endless!

WHY IT'S A GREAT VALUE:  Just ONE of these pencils alone is $19. That is crazy expensive for ONE eyeliner! But with this set, you get eight, plus the sharpener which retails for around $10. So...do the math...19x8 is $152. But...this set retails for $59, plus it includes a sharpener! Take a good quality drugstore eyeliner. Maybe it costs 6 or 7 dollars. Multiply that by 8...throw in a sharpener, and you are looking at anywhere from $50 to $60 dollars. Needless to say, this set is a great deal!!!

HOW TO PURCHASE: Like I mentioned above, this product is an online only, limited edition product. I purchased mine at www.sephora.com. 

More makeup reviews to come! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Kaysi...thanks for sharing...I have never used Urban Decay...but I just might have to try!! Miss you, sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete